Monday 27 October 2014

Intermittent blogger

It seems I am an intermittent blogger, this is not my intention as there is so much going on in the world and my own little one too. I get easily caught up in other things even though I 'plan' to be more organised it doesn't seem to materialise:-)

It is half term in our part of the uk and typically everyone is tired and some of us have not been well . Our first few days have been very quiet but it has allowed me to start this..
I am loving the colours and patterns it is really nice to stitch.

My crochet hook has not been idle and I have finished  two blankets which will keep us cosy over winter.


And

Here's a closer look
 This one was so quick to do and the effect is beautiful. After all this hooky work I can be cosy and give my crochet hook a rest and pick up my needle to stitch. The list of 'really want to do' projects is growing.

The temptation of returning to be a stay at home mum/wife is tempting. Our house has plenty to keep me busy and the garden is a enormous project on its own... Next year I am aiming to grow my own....will post about this shortly once I have finished the next stage of my plan.

As you can see my mind is flitting from one thought to another at great speed...let me go collect some into a useful group for my next post.

Sue

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Hazel at "quietlystitching" & I must say I'm glad I did! Love your colorful crocheted blankets, especially the ripply one. I'm trying to figure it out...the top peaks with the little flourish of design. It's what really makes the deign stand out! Is this your own pattern Sue? Or might I be able to find it somewhere on the net? Thanks for sharing your lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and welcome, I can't take credit for the pattern but you can find it here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/6-day-kid-blanket. It was so lovely to hook and was a very quick finish. I am still trying to do something different every project which it lots of fun. I promise to blog more frequently soon... Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.