Friday 24 February 2012

Not a bad start

Having a ever growing interest in the general making of things I thought I would give some homemade jewellery a go and have to say it's not bad....


Ta da....


it could get quiet addictive ... but am still loving my stitching - not enough hours in the day for the "need-to-do's" and the "want-to-do's"

Have been using my needle and thread to complete Patchwork Printemps - Jardin Prive

 

I used the suggested colour palette which I love - it's so gentle and easy on the eye.

It goes without saying can't resist the next in the series "Patchwork Ete" and have made a start.
When I first started this creative leap I had said to a friend that I would do one chart at a time - this was met with a chuckle and how right she was...

Currently I have 3 WIP :
Pathchwork Ete (as mentioned)
Time and Season (Moira Blackburn)
Simple Little Quaker (Papillon Creations) - this I'm finding difficult to keep working on am using a selection of blues so maybe that has something to do with it.
and my mind keeps wondering towards the Quaker Virtues (Bygone Stitches) waiting for me, not wanting to do too much blue so I don't struggle as it's a large chart I think I've settled on three colours ThreadworX -Rain Storm and Spanish Olives with Fall for the accent colour. Just need to commit now;-)

My darling other is out for the evening so great plans all......on the couch with 'Time and Season' and a glass of wine....just got to get the offspring to bed.

Have a great weekend...
S x


1 comment:

  1. Oooh I forgot to show you all my jewellery stuff. Remind me! Nice job and love the stitches. xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.