Monday 2 March 2015

Family Sampler

I have had the most wonderful time stitching the Little House Needleworks - Family Sampler.   This has been such a lovely project and my children have really enjoyed seeing it. I did get the Classic Colorworks threads suggested and I am so glad I did as they really do enhance the design beautifully. 

Here's some pics from the start...
to finished and a permanent home found on my wall...

We have a framer that comes to our local market on a friday morning and is incredibly reasonable and always treat my needlework with such care. This has been a blessing and although I know different frames suit different pieces there are two that I tend to use that really compliment the stitchwork I have produced.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One other little finish although not yet "finished" is my lovely birthday gift. My first attempt on 35count linen and I am very pleased with the result...
   
Bird in Hand - Blackbird Designs


In other news I am now 'semi-retired' (this is the term I am enjoying instead of unemployed) after finishing work in the middle of February. I can not say how much 'lighter' I feel and my brain is already starting to work on things.  I have decided that as I am so very fortunate to have the opportunity ....  I must find a path forward that I will love. In the meantime I am going to focus on home and family and keeping my hands busy;-)

I have just peeked out my window and it's snowing - not much but I am sure that the plants hae been thinking that spring was near. We have had a very inconsistent winter this year I am really hope that summer will be better....

Happy day everyone
S x

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up on blogger. I LOVE your family sampler! I too have this pattern, been wanting to do it but am a bit daunted by its size. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved working this, and it's such a great design it seems to stitch up so fast. :-) It looks great on my wall, my daughter needed to take an heirloom into school so I told her that her great grandchildren could use it as an heirloom when its their turn.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.