Wednesday 17 June 2015

What a wonderful world

We have had the strangest weather in the UK over the last few months. It seemed like winter wouldn't really let go, there would be a warm spell followed by frosts. As a result my garden has been confused and battered by the wind. Finally spring/summer has arrived as we hope is here to stay and the plants are growing and bringing colour to my garden.  Last year I planted a lupin which was lovely - this is has come back in full force...pretty impressive
So now I wait for the rest of the garden to come to life and show its colours after the delayed start:-)  

On a stitchy note I have been a little slow but am enjoying a new start My Dwelling Place part 1 from Little House Needleworks (this is an club hosted by Dyeing to Stitch in USA). 
So looking forward to getting the next installment.

On a personal note, I have some news.... as you know I got the courage to leave my job and with the encouragement and support of my dear husband I have taken the leap to start and online needlework store - Peakside Needleworks. It has been a dream to open a local needlework store and hopefully this is the beginnings of achieving that dream.
This blog is personal to me so I won't mention this again but please wish me well as I take this leap.

Oh forgot to say - my crochet hook has not been idle..a dear friends of mine are expecting their first child imminently so I have made lovely little green and white baby blanket for them. 
I need to be making another soon too - as during a great catch up with a life long friend, she has told me that she expecting a winter/december baby. Such excitement.

So I leave you with thoughts of spring, new challenges and new birth...what a wonderful world.

Best wishes
Sx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I have just popped over from Hazel's blog. I wanted to wish you good luck in your new venture. I have your website saved :)

    Love your LHN piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sally
      Thank you for stopping by and for the well wishes.
      I must admit I battle to resist LHN designs as they stitch up so nicely:-)
      Rgds
      Sue x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.